Policy Activities » Policy Activities » Meet Civil Society - 2009 fair
Meet Civil Society - 2009 fair
press release: Civil Society reminds MEPs to stay in touch
The Civil Society Contact Group and the Eurogroup for Animals are organizing
"2009 Civil Society Fair"
from Tuesday 6 to Thursday 8 October 2009 at the European Parliament,
with the support of MEP Caroline Lucas.
It will be an opportunity for MEPs, staff of the EU institutions and European civil society organisations to meet and share views on the societal challenges of the next five years.
Activities include an opening cocktail, 14 thematic stands at the exhibition space (ground floor, ASP building, zone G) & 1-hour roundtables at lunch time to enable further debates
& 1-hour roundtables at lunch time to enable further debates
t Cocktail reception on Tuesday 6 October at 6pm (ground floor, ASP building) With picture opportunity
Introductory remarks by:
- Liz Scurfield, CSCG representative
- Caroline Lucas, hosting MEP
- Sonja Van Tichelen, Eurogroup for animals
t The 14 thematic stands during the 3-days’ fair as of Tuesday 6 October - 10am:
1. Climate change (run by Green 10)
2. Nature and Health (run by Green 10)
3. Sustainable agriculture (run by BirdLife)
4. Development cooperation (run by
5. Protection of animals (run by the Eurogroup for Animals)
6. Public Health (run by EPHA)
7. Social Inclusion (run by Social Platform)
8. Anti-discrimination (run by Social Platform)
9. Human rights & democracy (run by HRDN)
10. Global trade (run by
12. Women’s rights (run by EWL)
13. Arts and culture (run by Culture Action Europe)
14. Civil dialogue (run by the Civil Society Contact Group)
t Thematic roundtables
1-hour thematic debates will be organized every day at lunch time between 12.00 and 3pm, to allow further exchanges on the following specific issues:
Other civil society activities in the EP
· Tuesday 6/10, 6-8pm: the EU and Global Policy on Food Security, CIDSE and APRODEV
Getting the Right(s) Recipe, in preparation for the World Food Summit
This panel discussion aims to facilitate a discussion on the ethical and development implications of EU policies as they relate to food, agriculture and rural development.
· Wednesday 7/10, 10-11am: the Decent Work Game, Solidar
Test your knowledge of what makes work decent and see if you can make it to the ultimate goal of having a decent life. Come and join MEPs and representatives from NGOs and see who is getting the prizes
and the penalties!
Ground floor, side G next to mechanical stairs; organised by Solidar
List of participating organisations